Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Admin: Marilean (Mari)

Admin: GottaBeJoking (Ade)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UGA Will be shut down!

+5
Mush
Marilean
GottaBeJoking
12thFret
Taylormadeit
9 posters

:: UGA COMMUNITY :: News

Go down

UGA Will be shut down! Empty UGA Will be shut down!

Post by Taylormadeit Thu May 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Attention All:

UGA have been running for several months now and it's seem like the activities are getting very slow and it is dying. If anyone have any suggestion or still want to keep this site alive, please give me your advice. Otherwise, I will shut it down after the end of this month. We have over 100 members but not many participate or get active with our competitions. There is no point of joining in this association if you're not going to play in anything or communicate with each other.

I am doing my best to bring the events that were requested from our members but players are not getting involve. If you still want to see our site up and going, please show us your support.

Thank you!
Taylormadeit
Taylormadeit
UGA Founder

http://www.ugassociation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UGA Will be shut down! Empty Re: UGA Will be shut down!

Post by 12thFret Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm

I am very very sorry to hear that our great club.. UGA might be shut down. I wish I cud help with it in some way but I do participate as much as I have time for. I know that Mike has been overworked and little credit has been givin to him it seems.
Todd too has had his share of problems with his health.. I hope this works out for the best..

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE !!

Chris

12thFret

Back to top Go down

UGA Will be shut down! Empty UGA Will be shut down!

Post by GottaBeJoking Thu May 16, 2013 4:19 pm

I am also very sad to hear this will be shut down.

And I hope there is more of us come here to play in the BOTBKO & ASKO comps this w/e, to show that there are members who do indeed want this club to continue, and hopefully change Mike's mind about shutting it down.

Cheers,
Ade

GottaBeJoking
GottaBeJoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilean Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 pm

This news is very sad Mike. I think what we need to do is to contact the players with a general memo sent to their email addresses to request them to advise whether they wish to remain active members and if not to send through a letter to resign from here. That would give an indication of those who are really interested in continuing with the games.

I know some of the players have been unable to make it and pull out at the last minute and that is a shame because that causes a disruption of a game setup tourney for the evening.

Please let me know if I can assist u in anyway to try and salvage this site.

Marilean

Marilean

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylormadeit Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Marilean, I really do thank you for your continue support to the association. I will let Rich (lzdick), Todd (Gooba823) and Toddy (itsthetodman) run the site but I will be around to help them if they need anything on here.

Thank you all for your support! Smile
Taylormadeit
Taylormadeit
UGA Founder

http://www.ugassociation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mush Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Its not the point of wanting active members only, sure to tourney/comp organisers it would be nice, I'm afraid , what people forget , this is a satellite site to WGT , its a place to meet and greet other members with the same interests and get to know the actual people we play maybe everyday, its not a case of ask if they want to be active, active to some means playing every comp/tourney that is published , active to others is just chatting , sharing experiences/ tips ..... Mike and Todd have done a fantastic job here , merging originally the country club and the forums , all the hard work is now done for these guys , a forum is only as good as the members it as, lets make it that place we all strive for, they done the hard work , let them sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labour.

Good Luck Mike m8 in whatever you chose , but to me , you will be a great loss m8.
Mush
Mush

http://www.ragingtorrents.net

Back to top Go down

UGA Will be shut down! Empty U G A

Post by 2511jonnyxx Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 am

some great post there "members" lets hope all of his hard work, to set up this site (+other`s who work alongside) .... does not go down the drain.... 2 many good people on here 2 let that happen...

let`s hope this weekend is a success....
maybe..... call it "the TAYLORMADEIT weekend"

2511jonnyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by sticky63 Mon May 20, 2013 6:25 am

it's too bad that the success of this site was/is determined by how many people participate in the events instead of the caliber of people that continually visit the site and chat among each other and have fun doing it. i personally enjoy having a small group of people. it's easier to converse with a few wonderful people than trying to talk to fifty people at one time. i seem to measure success by quality than quantity. and i think we have quality people here right now and more will come when they realize that. i like Mike a lot, but am disappointed that he considers this site a failure because he doesn't have fifty people continually participating. just my perspective. i also believe in the "kiss"(keep it simple silly) process. i wish Mike the best.

Tick

sticky63

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeJoking Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 pm

And I agree with all the above, you've done a great job here Mike.

There is a smallish group of great people I meet, chat & play with here, and the number of active players is largely irrelevant. There may not be many, but I think there is enough, & this w/e the comps were a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Ade

GottaBeJoking
GottaBeJoking

Back to top Go down

Post by gooba823 Mon May 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Its not going anywhere! I will do my best to keep things going... I had stuff going on last week personal....and 2 golf tournaments this weekend, but I will do my best to keep everyone happy and Im glad you all are willing to stay around your much appreciated and a great bunch of members! I have also been working on site/events al;l day I will have it all posted up by tom....hang tight ill get links up asap!

ON A SIDE NOTE>>>>>>HARRYMUNK WOULD LIKE TO RETURN>>>>> I DO NOT MIND IF HE COMES BACK BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF ANONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIS RETURN< HE SAID HE MISSES UGA AND MISSES PLAYING WITH EVERYONE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT A RETURN FOR HARRY!!??
gooba823
gooba823
UGA Tournament Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Mush Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I personally have no problem with Harry returning, people say things in he heat of the moment, things are taken out of context, but to me these things should be done using the right channels , ie. private messages, e-mail , not in full view of the members in the members shout box for all to see. This is a simple rule but should be adhered to, especially amongst 2 staff members. I'm not sure if it can be implemented on here , but on my site , I have the option to allow members to use the shoutbox, forum or PM's or not, might be worth looking into, then instead of banned from site they could be say , banned from shoutbox for 1 week etc.

my 2 pence worth anyways , thank you for your time.
Mush
Mush

http://www.ragingtorrents.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeJoking Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 am

In wasn't around so don't really know what happened. I have no problem with Harry returning at all, as long as the person or persons involved feel an appropriate apology was received.

Cheers.
Ade
GottaBeJoking
GottaBeJoking

Back to top Go down

Post by molliegrace12 Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I think there is enough people who participate to keep the site running, and yes i have no problem with Harry returning, after all it is only a game to enjoy,personally i would like to thank mike for hes hard work and its a shame he feels the site as to shut down, good luck mike whatever you choose to do been a pleasure knowing you.

Cheers
David

Molliegrace

molliegrace12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: UGA COMMUNITY :: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum